Monday, January 17, 2011

WEEKEND UPDATE FROM THE NUT HUT


The "4th Annual Fredonia High School Class of 1967 Martin Luther King Weekend Saturday Luncheon at the Nut Hut" (or whatever else you want to call it) was another love fest of old friendships. Among those of the 22 or so present were five of my 1st grade classmates, my first college roomie, and both my prom dates. Yes, they are ALL still speaking to me. Amazing. That's me in the background in the red KU sweatshirt pontificating about something of worldwide importance....like the score of the KU-Nebraska game, which was way too close for any sort of comfort level, but I enjoyed myself, anyway.

Probably the most exciting news of the day is that I just MIGHT have found two co-conspirators in creating an entry for next fall's Elk Falls Outhouse Tour. These guys are fans of the affair and might just have the know-how to build a privy for Library Lady and me to decorate. I'm going to keep bugging them periodically until they either decide to do the job or flush me out of their lives. I won't go down without a struggle, though. You can count on that!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OH FUN!!!! can't wait to see how you decorate it.

dr. maureen said...

looks like a party