Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TODAY'S PURCHASE


When we were in the city today, I asked Big Bore to head to a bike shop so I could gander at the women's 3-speeds. After riding Ol' Red since 1975, I am weary of having a men's bike. The bar gets trickier to maneuver with each advancing year. I want something easier to mount. And newer.

Voila! I am now the proud owner of the Electra Townie! It looks exactly like this one pictured. The seat is broad and cushy and I won't have to hunch over to reach the handlebars. Good for the back and neck. Exactly what I wanted, so I HAD to buy it now, while it was a whopping $25.00 off!

We left the bike there-- it's not exactly bicycling weather, so here is the plan: the next time we're over in the city, we're bringing Ol' Red with us to leave it at the bike shop and have it fixed up for Big Bore. Then, we'll take home the Townie--provided we can stuff it in the car trunk. Where there's a will, there's a way. By spring, we shall be ready to pedal our big butts all around town. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is soo cute!!! I can just picture you going through town on turbo teal. LOL

Nancy Evans said...

You're darned right, Tara! I'm thinking about adding streamers and a basket.