Thursday, January 20, 2011

LIVING ROOM DETENTE

Being ones for compromise, Big Bore and I have come to an agreement of monumental importance. In view of the fact that I agreed NOT to cause him grief and boredom by insisting upon watching “The Bachelor 15” and “The Biggest Loser” this winter (he simply cannot tolerate the drama), he gave me his blessings last night to tune in to the new “American Idol.” Hooray!!

He can still call it “American Idiot,” but at least I get to watch the show without his moaning and groaning in the background--although sometimes his whining is easier on the ears than what’s auditioning on TV. I believe that if everyone shared our spirit of goodwill and could settle their differences in television programming as easily as we do, there would be world peace in no time.

It helps to hide the remote.

No comments: