Saturday, March 21, 2009

DAY TRIPPER


I headed northeast early Friday morning to watch basketball on TV with Three Docs, One Scott, and a lovable load of cats and dogs, none of whom bit me, although Scott came close. I don’t recommend taking cloud pictures over the steering wheel while driving 65 miles per hour, so do as I say and not as I do.

Dr. Maureen and I exploded with a few naughty words during the KU-North Dakota State game, but since KU led most of the way we didn’t require resuscitation or a bar of soap with which to wash out our dirty mouths. Here’s a picture of Dr. M telling Margie and Murray that only those wearing KU shirts get a celebratory cupcake, although the bottle of beer was free for the asking.


We took a walk to wind down after the game. I thought this neighborhood topiary was pretty darned cute. I hope I can find a nursery around here that sells big bunny bushes because I want one in our yard just like it!


Dr. Maureen gave me this stylish KU tattoo. I forget what she said would remove it…something toxic, I do believe. I think I’ll just let it wear off or display it permanently, whichever comes first.

I got back home before dark. Today I’ll be watching the basketball games all alone, if you don’t count the cats, since Big Bore is at work. Spewing profanity at the TV is no fun, however, without a sidekick. :(

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

it's scotch tape that will take off the tattoo!!

go 'Hawks!!

Nancy Evans said...

Toxic scotch tape...right?