Saturday, March 28, 2009

SAD SATURDAY

Oh, woe is little me. Not only did KU lose its basketball game last night, but we also had a visit from Evil Ice and my plans for the day are down the tubes. I was going to trek to Andover to sample some free intro classes from the community college there--Pilates, Zumba, and Turbo Kick. But, instead, the weather kicked us in the solar plexus. The classes have been re-scheduled for next month, so I am moping around trying to decide what to do as a replacement activity today. Gardening is out, that’s for sure.

Here’s my list of possibilities in no certain order:

get back to reading the novel Bleeding Kansas (except the title reminds me too much of the game last night)
ride the recumbent bike (if I can get Critter off of it--it’s become her new snoozing place)
clean off my computer table (well, that will eat up a five whole minutes)
clean out the closets
clean the floors

Hmmm. I sense a depressing theme starting here. Nothing like doing one’s spring cleaning when winter is still hanging around like an unwanted. hellish visit from a deadbeat relative. Maybe I should just throw out the welcome mat and go back to bed.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

spring cleaning is prob. what i will be doing, but with this crappy weather i just want to lay around.

oh just go back to bed.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful game though!! I was at the edge of my seat, especially the ending. "They" decided Nevadans wanted to see the Gonzaga/North Carolina game more here so we had to watch on the computer until the TV gurus discovered the error of their ways. You must admit that the boys from Kansas always do put on a good show. Guess I can wash my husband's favorite gym tee-shirt now. Boo hoo. Was 66 here yesterday and B-U-T-ful!! Hope none of your Spring Fleurs froze. Bunches of daffodills were $1.67 at Trader Joe's lately so I indulged though a few are up in the park now. The hills are still solidly covered with snow however. Hope you read a good book in your down time. Cleaning is a waste of even a bad day!