Monday, March 9, 2009

QUICK CHANGE ARTIST



I got to play with the little kids over the weekend. Maddie, 5, enjoyed putting on a fashion show while I served as her project runway announcer. Her bedroom is an explosion of taffeta, organza, and fancy netting, all dressy outfits that she can switch with the blink of a hurricane’s eye. Brother Boomer, 3, tried to get into the act by wearing old Halloween costumes. At one point, he took off with Maddie’s blonde wig, she grabbed it back, and the fight was on. Their slam down was reminiscent of my own long ago battles with Beans, except in this latest fracas the girl was the victor. This pissed off Boomer, and he stormed off crying, nursing his ego in his daddy’s arms.

I never was much for playing dress-up when I was a kid, but I still see a lot of Maddie in myself. She delights in irritating her brother, her mouth never shuts up, and when it comes to using coat hangers, she’s clueless. She’s a chip off the old auntie, if there ever was one!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

HA HA. how cute..Taylor had that same chick costume. dress up is the best.