Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MARCHING INTO MADNESS

Forward march! Let the games begin! The opening of the NCAA basketball extravaganza is only two days away, and I am getting myself ready--mainly by washing all my KU shirts.

I have been a basketball groupie since junior high days, and I still have the score sheets in an old scrapbook to prove it. In college, my roomie YellowHorse was also a fan. She even dated a few of the guys on the Gorilla team, so we’d traipse off to the out-of-town games, regardless of bad weather or near-empty billfolds. We were hooked on hoops.

I am going to Kansas City Friday to meet up with Dr. Maureen, back to her Midwestern roots from North Carolina, and we will be watching the KU-North Dakota State game on TV at the home of another Dr. Maureen near The Plaza. My ear plugs are packed. If KU does well, there will be lots of hooting and hollering, and if KU doesn’t do so hot, the air will be polluted with profanity. Dr. Maureen can drop deadly F-bombs with gusto, and I’m not so bad myself, but here’s hoping the ‘Hawks will keep us behaving like the ladies we pretend to be.





No comments: