Wednesday, March 18, 2009

WE CAN DIG IT

Temps in the seventies yesterday + Big Bore having the day off work = YARDWORK!!! We cleaned out the garage, planted a tree, turnips, and onions, raked leaves, fertilized, watered, made a few trips to the town dump, and went to the neighborhood greenhouse to take a gander. T-minus two days until Spring is here, and we’re ready to get growing…except BB was complaining by day’s end that he had a sore muscle in his neck. Whine, whine. Poor baby.

We try to divide the responsibilities with our gardening. I do shrubs and flowers and, in general, just play in the dirt. Big Bore is responsible for veggies and trees. He is also in charge of all heavy lifting. My rule. ...And that pretty much explains why I don’t have any sore muscles to complain about today! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

OH i am loving this weather too. I am ready to get my hands dirty, and work on my flowers.

ENJOY