Friday, March 6, 2009

ON YOUR MARK, GET SET...


GROW!! I may be jumping the gun, but I spent a good part of the daylight hours yesterday soaking in the sun (80 degrees!) and playing in the yard. Actually, working is a better description. The result: three big bags of leaves and straw that had been blanketing various garden areas. Underneath were daffodils and tulips peeking into the world. I can’t wait to get annuals planted, but I don’t want to get too eager too early. A late freeze could be lurking. :(

GO!! I’m off to Pittsburg pretty soon to be a judge at the forensics tournament I blogged about last week. All of my great nephs and my great niece live in the ‘Burg, so I’m looking forward to acting silly with them and taking pictures. Big Bore has to work; he’s going to hold down the fort and do litter box patrol…I hope.

DON'T FORGET to spring forward Sunday. Get ready to set your clocks up a notch. Don’t you just love Daylight Savings Time?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You KS gals and your talk of warm weather and sunshine are about to send this woman over the edge!! Have fun at the tourney!

Nancy Evans said...

Sorry, T. I was afraid the news of 80 degrees would give you a frozen fit. Just had to rub it in, didn't I!?