Friday, March 20, 2009

THREE DREAMS

1. Before I had gall bladder surgery in 2007 and kidney stone surgery in 2008, I used to jog…a LOT. Even when I had back surgery in 1997, I was running again within a few months. But the last few years have kicked my butt and I’ve slowed down to walking. I told Big Bore the other night that I really miss jogging and I finally feel like maybe I could try it again.

So, the past few nights I’ve been doing a walk/jog/walk/jog. I haven’t yet rolled into a ball of pain, so I’ve decided to maybe set a few goals and declare them in my blog, so maybe I’ll be more motivated to stick with the program. I want to be able to jog a mile nonstop by May 1st and do three miles nonstop by my 60th birthday on July 3rd. Maybe. I won’t have a speed goal--just distance.

2. Big Bore had another sleep talking episode last night:


“That cardinal is being mean to that robin.”

“What?” I asked.

“That cardinal over there is being mean to the robin.”

“What’s it doing?”

He tried to explain but the words weren’t coming together--mumbling, sighing, pausing. It was something about a line tied around the robin’s leg so it couldn’t return to earth.

“You’re not making any sense,” I said.

“Oh, I’m just f***ing crazy.”

“Well, I’ll second the motion to that one.”

End of conversation.

3. I’m off to Kansas City for a TV date with Dr. Maureen and Co. to cheer on the Jayhawks. Sure hope we have something to cheer about or we’re going to spend March Madness being f***ing mad. Adieu.









2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

rock chalk victory!!!
now let's go get those Dayton Flyers!!

have you shown Big Bore your new tattoo yet????

Nancy Evans said...

Yes. I put on my short-sleeved KU championship t-shirt and he took a picture of it. I will probably have a KC trip blog tomorrow. Have fun tomorrow!