Thursday, March 3, 2011

AND I MADE IT ALL BY MYSELF!


Well, my Midwest Living-inspired project was thrown together yesterday in a matter of seconds. Step 1: open umbrella Step 2: tie bow around umbrella Step 3: stuff flowers inside umbrella. Hooray! I did it! On the first day of spring I will hang it outside on the porch and admire.

While I was sweating over the umbrella, Big Bore built me a porch rail planter...bless his little heart. The ones on the Internet were just toooooooo expensive, so BB made me one from some scrap wood our neighbors gave us when they had their garage torn down. I'm in the process of painting it and decorating it, then come warmer weather I will plant some cascading vinca inside. Ahhh. Lovely.

Now I have to think of another project to keep me from having to do housework. All ideas welcome.

No comments: