Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MIRROR, MIRROR.....

"With age comes fashion invisibility" the headline shouted out from the newspaper one day last week. That sounded familiar. The article detailed the horror story of Baby Boomer gals who are no longer concerned with wearing make-up or dressing stylishly--like that was EVER a concern of mine. "They've decided there's no sense in continuing to try to look young, so they give up," wrote the author--no doubt some glamour queen who knows the difference between eye liner and lip liner and owns every shade available in the universe.

After finishing the story, I took a good look at myself. Sweatpants, check. T-shirt, dirty, check. Make-up, none. Hair, swept messily back into a ponytail. "Hmmm. I do believe this article is about me." Except I've NEVER dressed stylishly or worn much make-up. I can't really say I've given up on myself as I've gotten older, though. You can't lose what you never had in the first place. Right?

Now, don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have a wrinkle-free face, but there are better places to put my money than make-up and cosmetic surgery--like trips to the mountains, flowers for the yard, and cat litter. Plus, I am lazy. I don't want to waste time messing with something that's a hopeless case anyway, no matter how much effort is taken on a makeover. Hiding all the mirrors in the house is a heckuva lot easier.
















No comments: