Friday, March 4, 2011

FOOT FASHION

I came across this collage on the Internet yesterday, and the following burning question came to mind: If these were the last three pairs of shoes left on earth and you could only pick one pair, which would it be? (Yes, I have WAY too much time on my hands to ponder such dilemmas.)

I chose the pink higher-than-high tops because I think they are probably the ones I could actually walk around in, provided the material is really stretchy and could be forced over my hips. They'd sure be hell to lace up, though. By the time it'd take to get them all tied on, I'd be ready to go back to bed.

I've seen Lady Gaga weaving around on the animal print spikey mittens. I'm not sure what they're called: hooves, crab boots, pinchers. Who knows. These have GOT to be the most uncomfortable shoes of all time. Which means they are wildly popular and sell for about $5,000 a pair.

Great to see that platforms are making a comeback. I once had a strappy white pair back in the early 1970s. I pretended that I looked really fab teetering on them, although I had some close calls almost losing my balance and falling on my face. I searched The Flaming Bore Archives trying to find this groovy photo of me wearing them, but, alas, I could not find it, so here is a different footwear picture of me from out of the past to take its place. Don't lose your balance laughing.

No comments: