Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HAVING A FIT

Two months and sixteen pounds down with the "No Diet." I still can't get the jeans buttoned. Every Wednesday morning I try them on--or try to try them on, which is actually a better way of putting it. On a brighter side, my khaki slacks and black cords are no longer in danger of suffering a blowout (split butt seam), so that's progress.

I have a range of jeans taking up space in my closet, from size 8's to 14's, slim-leg to bell-bottoms, overalls, holes, paint stains, you name it. The ones I'm trying to get back into are size 10 Faded Glory Classic Fit. I'm not exactly sure what a Classic Fit means, other than No Breathing Space Available.

I think one more month on the "No Diet" and I'll be able to get them zipped and buttoned if I lie down on the bed and suck in my gut. Getting into a standing position may be a bit tricky. I have visions of an old "Seinfeld" episode when Kramer wore such a tight pair of jeans that he walked around like Frankenstein since his legs couldn't bend.

Trying on jeans can be a frightening experience.

No comments: