Thursday, March 17, 2011

RING MY "BEL"

Since I've been car blogging the past few days, I have to show off my favorite set of wheels. If I had $50,000 to blow, I'd buy myself a Chevy Bel Air--preferably a 1957 maroon over white. Although this one is a convertible, I'd prefer the white hard top. Oh, be still my heart. I LOVE the Bel Air, from 1955-1957. Whenever I hit up a car show, I head straight to those Bels and just stand there and salivate, wishing I could get inside and "pretend-drive."

When my boyfriend of the month broke up with me in 1967, I didn't miss him as much as I missed riding around in his custom-painted, metallic light green Bel Air, 1955 model. It was the epitome of cool. From the moment it arrived at my driveway to whisk me away in the sunset, I was in love (with the car). I wonder whatever happened to that beauty.

Oh, if I only had a snazzy Bel Air, I'd be happy as a grasshopper hitching a ride on a windshield wiper during a hot summer day. Perfection!
















No comments: