Monday, March 14, 2011

DOUBLE TROUBLE


"I've never met a girl quite like you," Big Bore said to me last night. I thought this was his opening line for singing my praises and sucking up big time. Tell me more. Tell me more.

"How so?" I asked, fishing for a compliment of grand proportions.

"Well, you like sports so much," he answered.

"Is that bad or good?"

"It's scary," he laughed. So much for my fishing trip.

"How so?"

"Your turn into a different person. If I walk by the TV, it's: 'Get outta my way! I'm missing out on the game!' You go crazy." He failed to mention that I also slap the coffee table, jump totally out of my seat on a 3-pointer made by my man Tyrel, tell the coach what to do, and give a running commentary, which sometimes drives him outdoors even when it's raining.

"Well, I'm sorry if you get upset with my behavior, but I'm not gonna change."

"Oh, I know. I don't want you to change. I'm just not used to being with someone who knows so much about sports."

"Just be glad Dr. Maureen lives in North Carolina and isn't here to watch the games with me. Her little pinky knows 500 times more about sports than I I know, and she can drop an F-bomb that will blow you out of your socks."

Gee, I sure wish Dr. M was back in Kansas so she could treat my case of March Madness and we could go ballistic together.

3 comments:

dr. maureen said...

who are the HHOTTTTTTT chicks?

Nancy Evans said...

I think the hot chicks are us in another lifetime. Why did we have look-alike Atlanta baseball shirts? Had you been in Atlanta? I sure hadn't.

dr. maureen said...

i have NO idea about the Atlanta Brave shirts!!! just one of those gaps in my memory----