Saturday, April 23, 2011

BOWLING ME OVER


In bowling terminology, a turkey is when one makes three strikes in a row in a single game. In gardening terminology, a turkey is when one makes three decorative bowling balls for a single yard. Welcome to Casa de la Flaming Bore's yard of bowling balls!

I'm not sure if I'll be making any more of them. The old balls aren't that easy to find, and inhaling the Amazing Gunk super glue gets a bit too much at times. Plus, a small yard like ours can only hold so many. But I like having something cheap and different to look at since they kind of match my personality. (And, no, my mind isn't ALWAYS in the gutter.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

my kind of yard art !! (but then you know my taste!)

dr. maureen said...

okay, so how did MY comment come out with Scott's name??? he's not signed in to you---it's a computer glitch!

Nancy Evans said...

Hey, M, last night one of my garden club friends gave me another blue bottle for my bottle tree. I was soooooo excited!

Kayle said...

Love the yard art! So when to we get to see the bottle tree?