Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SOME MEDICAL ADVICE


The other night while I was watching "Dancing With The Stars" in between judge Bruno practically having a verbal orgasm describing Kendra's cha-cha and actress Kirstie Alley and her partner Macks tumbling onto the dance floor, a commercial came on to treat fibromyalgia. I can't recall the name of the drug, and I'm still not sure I know exactly what fibromyalgia is---because most of the commercial air time was taken up with warnings of side effects---no, not of having fibromyalgia but of taking the drug.


"Using ___ ?___ could cause stomach ulcers, internal bleeding, heart attack, brain aneurysm...." the list went on and on. It causes death ten times over. Who in the world would want to take this drug if all these terrible problems could develop? "Don't take this drug if you are pregnant or have had stomach ulcers" or are breathing with or without your mouth open. It was downright scary. I know all drugs have their potential side effects, but these just seemed more numerous and more lethal than ones I've previously read about. Taking this drug, whatever it was, made taking cyanide seem harmless by comparison.


If I ever develop fibromyalgia, god forbid, I hope my doctor will just tell me to suck it up and deal with it. ---Now, back to our regular programming.

No comments: