Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DREAM HOME 2011

Every year the Home and Garden TV network sponsors a Dream Home contest...a chance for poor folks like me, who live in an ancient 1-bedroom bungalow, to win something they can't even remotely pay the taxes on. Years ago when HGTV started this contest, the homes were modestly middle income, but now they are super residences that are more like hotels. This year's dream is a chalet in Vermont that sleeps around 18. Of course, I went ahead and entered the contest a bazillion times, but, alas, no win.

But, do not feel sorry for The Flaming Bore because last Sunday during an afternoon drive in the country, I found my dream home (above). Big Bore and I honed in on it at the same time. A cute little "fixer-upper" that looked just our speed.

"There it is! The country home I've always wanted!"

This gem isn't for sale but, if it was, I'd be dropping the ten bucks to make it all mine. There's nothing wrong with it that a few rolls of duck tape won't fix. Maybe HGTV would be willing to come to Kansas to feature this home on its "Curb Appeal" show, or use it for the "If Walls Could Talk" show. If it has any walls.

On up the road is the little country school that serves this rural neighborhood. Big Bore and I were impressed that it has not one, but TWO outdoor toilets (drop boxes) for our convenience. No more arguing about hogging the facilities. This has it all!

Perhaps HGTV would consider some new programming: "Nightmare Home 2011." If so, here are two fine selections ready and waiting on the prairie.

No comments: