Tuesday, April 19, 2011

GOOFY AND GOOFIER

Well, the long-awaited trip to the big city yesterday would have been better:


....if Library Lady and I had both remembered to bring our $2.oo admission discount coupons. Right as we drove into the parking lot we were both wailing, "I left it at home!" Thank God in less than three months I will be eligible for the senior citizen discount and remembering will no longer be necessary.


....if we hadn't arrived at the same time as The Adorable, Precious Tiny Tots Day Care Center of Terrorist Commandoes. "Which direction would you like to go?" I asked LL as we entered the gardens. "Anywhere there isn't screaming kids," she responded. "That direction doesn't exist."


....if I had re-charged the battery on my digital camera the night before. After taking one picture, it went dead.


....if a tornado practice warning siren hadn't blasted for five minutes as soon as the Commandoes left. Since I have hyperaccusis and can't filter out sound, I had to run for cover. Even with an earplug in use.


....if it hadn't been almost as noisy inside the Botanica building because every Rotarian in the city entered before I did. I found out today they were there to listen to our __(fill in your own adjective)__ Kansas governor speak about World War II values.


....if I hadn't suggested we take the short-cut from Botanica to the Art Museum and I got mixed up on the directions and we ended up on the backside of a golf course.


....if the Art Museum had been opened. Guess what we discovered as we entered an empty parking lot? It's CLOSED ON MONDAYS.


....if I hadn't suggested we eat at Riverside Cafe, even though I only knew where it "sort of" was located and we went about 10 miles out of our way and back around to the Art Museum before we found it.


....if LL had remembered to bring her other coupons and a certain credit card she'd plan to use while shopping.


....if LL hadn't been on a mission to find a new black purse to buy. This marathon escapade, which I shall blog about tomorrow, lasted longer than the amount of time it would take both of us to RUN a marathon.


....if we hadn't used the self-check-out registers at Dillon's and both of us needed, "Help!"


I think that pretty much covers it. The good news is, we didn't get mugged, have a flat tire, or get into an accident in the heavy traffic. When we finally limped back to our little burg last night, home never looked so good.














2 comments:

momrdr said...

Nancy, this blog is too funny. Reminds me of the time Bill and I drove to Topeka to see Treasure of the Czars and the place was full of loud, rowdy and obnoxious 4th graders. Ruined the experience for us.

Sarah said...

:) thanks for the chuckle