Friday, April 29, 2011

SEALED WITH A KISS

Guess who made sure I was wide awake at 4 AM for the Royal Wedding? An enthuastic Big Bore: "Let the Parade of Hats begin!" he shouted.

He actually got up and watched an hour or so, providing a running commentary, before he announced, "This royal wedding is getting to be a royal pain in the ass." It takes one to know one, I guess. Here's some of what I heard from him after he made my cup of tea:

"My god! That hat has cat whiskers growing out of it!"

"I bet those horses are so well trained that they don't mess up the streets."

"What do you suppose she (Queen Elizabeth) is hiding underneath that blue blanket?"

"Why do they keep showing Elton John and his man wife?"

"I bet he (the queen's husband, Phillip) can't wait till this is over so he can get out of that strait jacket and run around the palace naked."

"I think I'm getting all teary-eyed."

"That wasn't much of a kiss. He needs to lay one on her."

"The Internet says he (Prince William) doesn't want a ring."

"Where's Shrek?"

"I wonder what she'll (bride Catherine) look like when she's 60."

"Is there a Northminster Abbey?"

"They could just go to the courthouse and save themselves a lot of trouble."

Having my own in-house commentator is such a bloody joy.

No comments: