Sunday, April 3, 2011

DOGGED COMPETITION

The men's NCAA basketball championship game is scheduled for tomorrow night, and even though the Jayhawks won't be playing, I am still planning to watch it--which Big Bore isn't too keen about, but he knows better than to hide the remote from me. I have chosen the Butler Bulldogs to win, mainly because their mascot Butler Blue II is ever so much superior to the UConn Huskies' human in a dog outfit mascot. How lame. No contest. Hands down.

When I spoke with Mama Bore this morning, she told me she had mistakenly thought UConn was some school in Alaska until Big Sis cleared up the matter. "I didn't know it was a school in Connecticut. I thought it was Yukon," she said. "And the mascot is a husky, so how was I to know the difference?" You tell 'em, Mom.

Now everyone knows I'm not much of a dog fan since I've been lunch for too many of them, but I do think Butler Blue II has an element of cuteness about him. I'm hoping he will be turned loose on the basketball court tomorrow night and steal the show. Maybe he can lift a leg on the Huskies mascot or do something else of equal good taste. I want some action, doggone it!!! Something exciting to make up for the fact that KU is not there. ---May the best mutt win.





1 comment:

dr. maureen said...

I love how the players rub his head when they are introduced; he's much more personable than UGGA, the Univ of Georgia bulldog.