Friday, April 8, 2011

ICKY POP

Yikes! Rock icon Iggy Pop performed on "American Idol" last night, and he was downright frightening. Now, I don't want to sound like an ageist, but he's 63 years old and looks like 163. At some point a rocker needs to realize he should at least put on a shirt and not gross out the audience with his saggy skin. (The picture with this blog has obviously been re-touched a thousand times over. Iggy's face makes Keith Richards look like a teenager.)

Iggy stills screams ands jumps around, although last night he had to make several rest stops to sit down on the stage to catch his breath in between his hyper-manic episodes. His creepy grand finale was to gyrate his tight pants in front of judge Jennifer Lopez, which prompted her to hide her face in her hands. I thought she was rather gracious. I think I would have fled the building.

I'm sure you readers are thinking to yourself, "Come on, Flaming Bore. Lighten up. You are only a few years younger than Iggy Pop and your own skin is tumbling faster than Niagara Falls." True. But I'm not exposing my bare, gravity-challenged chest to a national audience or thrusting it onto J-Lo. I know my limitations. Iggy needs to take some loving advice from this old rocker and put on a shirt the next time he takes the stage. And a mask wouldn't hurt, either.



No comments: