Friday, April 1, 2011

MARCH FOOTNOTES

A new month is here, but I have to tack on some addendums to March.  On March 4th, I blogged about ugly-ass shoes and mentioned I couldn't find an old picture of me in my platform beauties.  Well, yesterday I stumbled upon the pic, and here it is! Perhaps it was better left unfound.

On March 19 I blogged about the "American Idol" judges seeming to give preferential treatment to the guys, praising them for the same things that draw criticism for the girls.  Well, the next week the judges "saved" a contestant who would have been sent home, Casey and his Nirvana disaster.  So far, four singers have been given the boot---all women.  How many men have gotten eliminated?  None.  Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.

My college hoops fever has cooled down, but I still just HAD to catch the 3-point shoot-out and slam dunk competition on ESPN2 last night.  The top dunkster was this undersized nobody from a small college in Illinois who made all the 6'8" types look like wimps.  This kid dunked while leaping over people and turning cartwheels.  Crazy stuff.  And his competition stood by amazed.  What a wild end to the Madness that is March. 

P.S.  I'm STILL trying to come up with a good April Fool's Day prank to pull on Big Bore.  Everything I'm coming up with is either too devious or too distasteful.  Only a half day left.  I'd better get with the program.

No comments: