Friday, June 3, 2011

BED BUDDY

Between 3:30-4:30 AM, my spazzy ear usually gives me a wake-up call that it's time to take a pill. This is also some sort of odd reminder to Little Bit that it's time for him to do everything within his power to keep me from falling back to sleep.

Now, I don't mind sharing mattress space with cats BUT I do mind Bitsy's crazy habit of breathing deeply onto my face, then licking me. I sure must taste swell because he licks my mouth, my nose, my hair, my armpits, whatever is within licking range. "Don't Bitsy," I say over and over again, nudging his head away from me. I usually end up putting the covers over my head to get him to stop. At which time, he starts slowly walking all over me, trying to find the most comfortable spot to deposit himself for the rest of the night. Ker-plunk.

Big Bore says I should just push Bits off the bed, but the poor cat is getting old--16, and he's somewhat fragile, and I'll get to thinking that it won't be too long before he's not around to bug me anymore, which makes me feel sad and guilty.

So, I'll just keep putting up with his nocturnal routine. It could be worse, I tell Big Bore. He could be at the foot of the bed barking all night long.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ahhhh your blog made me miss my babies :( I would take one to my apartment if I could but it is a $300 deposit and then would be the issue of which of the 3 do I choose?

Nancy Evans said...

SO SORRY, SARAH. WHERE ARE THEY FOR NOW??