Tuesday, June 21, 2011

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Hallelujah! Just ten more days until I get to break the "No Diet." Pizza, here I come!

Yesterday the neighborhood pre-schooler was at Casa de la Flaming Bore showing off some hand-held computer game gizmo he'd pilfered from his sister when his eyes spotted my recumbent bike in the living room. "Why do you have an excercise bike? You're not fat. You're skinny."

Well, that was music to my flabby ears.

"Oh, I like to exercise on it when the weather is bad. And, I'm not skinny."

"Yes, you are. You're skinny."

"No, I'm just in the middle. But thanks, anyway."

Later, a Facebook friend announced that it was National Milkshake Day and suggested everyone go out for his or her favorite flavor, in my case....BUTTERSCOTCH!!!! Hell, I'm certified skinny by a 4-year-old. Surely I can hop in the car, drive 30 miles to Toot's Dairy Bar, and indulge. But, if I've gone this long on the "No Diet," I can last 1o more days and then treat myself to that Applebee's Blondie I've been dreaming about since the end of December.

Here's to having a skinny Tuesday. And a fast 10 days ahead.

No comments: