Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DAILY TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS

Day one of the annual fireworks onslaught has passed. Eight more days to go. On a 0-10 scale, with 0 being "no boomers heard" and 10 being "there's a nuclear war going on outside my window," I'd say yesterday was a 3. My spazzola ear didn't snap, crackle, and pop out of control, so I'd say it was a success.

Sweet neighbor girl, whose kitty died a few weeks ago, is excited to report her daddy brought her home not one, but TWO new fur balls to play with. Puppies....soon-to-be hunting dogs for you-know-who. She's happy with anything that rolls around and has promised she will train them not to be bite me or bark at me. Can't beat that. She gave us the cat food they had left over from their kitty experience, and Big Bore gave her the Pedi-Paws that our cats refused to have used on them. Maybe dogs are dumber.

I hadn't watched "The Bachelorette" for a few weeks, so last night I plopped down in front of the TV and watched Lady Ashley wrangle with the eight fellows left in the competition. I swear to god, if I'd had a rotten tomato in my hand, I would have hurled it at the TV screen! She is that much of a pain in the butt! The Flaming Bore will not even attempt to bore her readers with the gorey details. Let's just say that she puts the drama in Drama Queen several times over.

Well, Critter Kitty is up on my lap helping me on the keyboard with her nose. Time to get on with another day.......

No comments: