Sunday, June 19, 2011

ROUTINE

7 AM. Sunday mornings are almost always the same around Casa de la Flaming Bore. Rise and shine with a bowl of cereal and the newspaper. Cut to the chase and get to the games....two giant-sized crossword puzzles, cryptogram, jumble, and hidato, which is a viscious litle numbers game that I always do first, just to get my brain working. It's a warm-up for the rest of the day.

8 AM. Time to watch "CBS Sunday Morning." Ninety minutes of feature stories...not hard news. Today it's interviews with Tom Hanks and Dick Van Dyke and a blip on men dying their hair. Nothing mind bending---until the report on two fellows who go around correcting misspelled words and grammar errors on signs. I thought that was pretty cool, mainly because I'd emailed a grammar correction to my state representative the day before. (It was about his misusage of "me." I'll spare you the lesson on subjective pronouns.)

9:30 AM. Start the New York Times crossword and water some flowers till 11 when I call Mama Bore. I wish her a Happy Father's Day, talk weather, flowers, cats, and TV.

11:30 AM. One more cup of coffee and the Battle of the Letters resumes. Back to the puzzles for a third time. I will likely stay with them until mid-afternoon. No more fluttering around. No more computer breaks. I'm fully awake now and I mean business! Charge!!!!!!!!

No comments: