Saturday, June 4, 2011

PICASSO PUSSES

There's an article in today's city paper about the Kansas Humane Society offering a "Painting With Puppies" program this summer. Apparently kids and canines will "work together to create unique works of art using paint, paws, and their inspiration."

I'm a bit upset that cats have been excluded from this prestigious art show, based on personal experience. I once returned home from Kansas City only to find my then-husband asleep, a full paint tray left unattended in the bathroom, and blue paw prints EVERYWHERE! No, not just the floor. I'm talking kitchen counter top, sofa, coffee table, you name it. You'd be surprised how many little steps two cats make in an afternoon until they are all marked in blue.

Needless to say, I rudely awakened the human painter and told him to start cleaning. Fast. Was I fuming? You bet. "Next time you let the cats paint, at least give them a damned easel and canvas!!"

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

at least it was blue, your favorite color. just what did you say to Conrad????

Nancy Evans said...

True---the color was pleasing. I think I said something like, "Get your ass up out of bed, now!!!" It's hilarious years later, but at the time I was ready to dump the whole paint tray on him.