Thursday, June 9, 2011

OJoy

Do you ever have one of those dreams that is loosely based on something or someone crossing your path on television right before you go to bed? It sort of sticks with your subconscious, I guess, but then it gets all convoluted into total choas. Well, I had one of those dreams last night and the name I heard on TV before hitting the hay was (GULP) O. J. Simpson!!!!! Talk about a girl's worst nightmare!

This dream started way back in time when I was in my sweet and innocent 20s, and O.J. was a football star--not with the Buffalo Bills, but with the Denver Broncos for some reason. And I think that reason is because of his Ford BRONCO escapade after he (allegedly) murdered his wife and her friend back in 1994. (I don't think we have to re-hash that one, do we?)

I am the dutiful wife in this dream, who follows her man to all the football games, and I'm flying to one with other football families, including O. J.'s little son and daughter, who are wearing black masks, Lone Ranger-style. We are to meet the players at an airport cafeteria for brunch once we land. O. J.'s kids have done this all before, so they lead me to the cafeteria and I can't find anything that suits my picky taste buds. But I don't want O.J. to get mad at me, so I go back through the line a second time and pick out an over-sized frosted cinnamon roll---but the cafeteria worker gives me two of them, and I keep trying to give the extra one back. O. J. shows up to see what's keeping me so long and RED ALERT! RED ALERT!....thank god, I wake up!!! No nasty encounter involving sharp silverware. Conflict resolved!

The mind works in mysterious ways at night. And I am pleased to say that even when I'm asleep I'm always on the guard to protect myself from harm's way. O. J. may be able to enter my subconscious, but he's not going to get away with anymore crimes. I am the director of my dreams, and when O. J. Simpson enters one, it's time to yell, "CUT!!!!!"

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

can I have your extra cinnamon roll?

Nancy Evans said...

No, I think O. J. ate it. :) Sorry.