Friday, January 30, 2009

ANNIE ALERT

Back on January 14 I wrote about bringing Mama Bore’s cat Annie to Casa de la Flaming Bore since Mom is recuperating from back surgery and is no longer living at home. Big Bore and I had agreed to be “foster parents” under the condition that Annie continue to be an outdoor cat. I had my doubts she’d stay with us, but I was more than willing to give it a try.

Well, since Annie escaped from our garage the first night here, I haven’t seen her, I’m sorry to say. Big Bore says he’s made some Annie Sightings, but they aren’t definite because he couldn’t tell if the cat he’s been seeing is wearing a red collar like our wayward child.

Every time I see Mom, she asks about Annie, of course, and every time I respond the same way: by lying!!!! I absolutely hate to lie!! Even the little white types. I keep telling myself that I’m fibbing for a good cause, though. Maybe God will not consider this a transgression???

In the meantime, I keep putting out food on the porch. It’s being eaten but I’ve yet to discover the sneaky diner. Perhaps I need to put out 24-hour surveillance. I’ve put a “Lost” ad in the local paper and contacted the animal control office. Oh, and I’ve also talked to Mom’s mail carrier, a friend of mine, who knows Annie quite well. Should she hitchhike back to her home in Fredonia, he’s going to let me know.

So, if anyone in the blogging world sees a light gray tabby cat trying to thumb a ride along US 400, please notify me immediately. I’m still hoping her nine lives are keeping her well.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

OH, so sorry to hear Annie took off for greener pastures. It sounds like you're doing everything possible to find her, & desperate times call for desperate measures. I think your little white lies are justified in this case.

Good Luck!

Sarah said...

I was wondering about that cat. I remember you writing about her. I hope she is ok. ;(

Anonymous said...

Poor Annie! Hope she is not coyote food as is often the case here and in Ca. If these are the worst lies you've told, you are probably in the clear. But, alas, I seem to remember a few in our youth. Hope you took a pic of Annie before her dissappearance.