Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BARACK AND ROLLING


Okay--so I vegged out in front of the TV and watched the inauguration coverage yesterday. It was much better than battling the DC crowds and enduring the freezing temperatures. Plus, I could mute Aretha Franklin’s screeching of “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” before my new windows busted from the strain. (Big Bore was in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove when she started singing, and he yelled, “What the hell is going on in there?”) Bad. Really bad. She no longer gets any R-E-S-P-E-C-T from this music critic. Plus, her giant silver hair bow cap was a fashion fright.

The singing was a lot better at the inaugural balls we watched last night. Big Bore and I, dressed in our fanciest sweats, pulled ourselves up from our easy chairs at one point, and we danced a bit while we hummed “Hail to the Chief.” We kept hoping that Barack and Michelle would join us in a little “bump and grind” just to liven up their dance moves and take their catch phrase, “Yes, we can!” to another level…but, alas, all their body parts followed formal protocol. Bummer. I hope they aren’t as tired as I am today. All that pomp and circumstance wore me out!

Barack says he’s going to get right to work this morning on running the country; no rest for the weary. We have a lot in common. I’m gonna go take a look at the all the dirty dishes left in the kitchen sink yesterday while I was watching him on TV for fifteen hours and think about washing them. Courage!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Your finest sweats Heeeh?? I bet you were the bell of the ball. I just think it is silly to have 10 different balls to go to. Crazy.

The hair/head bow was stupid agree.

Dusti said...

LOVE your headline. :-) Glad you rocked it yesterday!

Jaime said...

LMAO! Too funny! I wondered if it was only me that thought Aretha's vocal chords were a little off-kilter! I knew it wasn't only me that threw up a little in my mouth when I saw her hat =)

Nancy Evans said...

I'll betcha even Abraham Lincoln was grimacing across the Mall when AF was "performing."

Sarah said...

The blue bottles are my moms. ;)

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is a common four letter word, "Yuck!"