Saturday, January 10, 2009

OH, WHAT A RELIEF IT IS

Mission accomplished! We hope. Big Sis, Beans, and I finally got Mama Bore to a new doctor yesterday, so Hell Week may be over. Let the healing begin. She's in the hospital on the road to recovery, although it will likely be a long and bumpy one. By the time I returned home to Casa de la Bore last night, I was exhausted but glad to know that Mom is finally in someone's capable hands rather than mine. Nurse Nancy I ain't, but at least I kept her alive.

When I left Mama Bore's bedside last night, the morphine starting to kick in, she was apologizing for "all the trouble I've caused." I told her it was a payback for all the times she'd held my hand during the two stints of medieval orthodontics work I endured as a kid.

"Oh, and don't forget the Purple Puke Episode," she said.

"That wasn't me!" I protested. "I was never much of a puker."

"Well, let me tell you about it anyway," she insisted.

"I don't want to hear about it! Tell it to your child who was the real Purple Puker!"

I have a feeling the hospital staff is going to get sick of her motherhood stories and have her patched up...stat!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad she is feeling better. I hope you feel better that she is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I am knitting and praying away on the coral monster. Have thirty inches of it done. (need 72) I certainly cannot sympathize with you more. You are all in our prayers.

Sarah said...

I hope she gets even better. It is hard when family gets old. You are a great daughter and I am sure she has puke stories for all the kids. ;)

Jaime said...

Glad to hear she's on the road to recovery!!