Tuesday, January 27, 2009

OL' CUDDLE PUSS


Yesterday, I received this hilarious card from Literary Diva, which was made all the more hilarious when Big Bore saw it and thought the picture was of the Diva herself and her own cat.

“Man, she has one big-ass cat!”

It’s just a card of someone else, Goober!”

“Oh. Well, it’s still a big cat.”

I don’t know if he read the message that went along with the picture, but I do know that he would readily agree with it. Our cats walk all over him, literally, and he just lets ‘em have at it. He even shares his food with them, right from his plate. It’s no wonder that they much prefer hanging out with him over me…the evil person who is always cleaning out ears and checking for UFOs in their coats.

The other day I overheard him in the bedroom warbling his own version of Joe Cocker’s, “You Are So Beautiful” to Critter, who was sprawled out on her favorite corner of the bed, purring up a storm, as he was preparing to go to work.

“You are so cuddable, Kit-teeeee,” he crooned.

I interrupted. “You are a goofball!”

He smiled back at me. Maybe I should just take a word of advice from the card, relax, and get used to it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Cats are just wonderful.

Jaime said...

Big Bore sounds like quite the character, or maybe I should say one cool cat ;)

Anonymous said...

I am much more trendy than the gal on the card and I'd have a little red dachshund in my arms. Funny story though and glad you liked the card. I always have to read the card rack in Whole Foods but this was the first one I couldn't resist buying.