Thursday, January 1, 2009

A FRESH START


January 1st. Happy 2009!!! Time to list my new resolutions for the year. Drum roll, please!!

1. Get my weight back down to 135 (Maybe I’ll get the nerve to hop on the scales by October.)
2. For the house: get new windows and central air
3. Fifteen minutes minimum of morning stretching
4. Return to Colorado!!!
5. Take a class in something artsy/crafty
6. No surgery!! (Maybe the 5th year will be a charm.)
7. Read a biography or autobiography each month. (I gravitate too much toward fiction.)
8. Log my walking miles and aim for 1,000 miles in 2009; ride exercise bike 30 minutes daily
9. Throw or give away 30 things each month that I don’t need that are just taking up space
10. Get all my loose pictures put in photo albums or manila envelopes

Okay, so three of these are repeats from last year! A little bit of consistency is important to one's life.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I really like this year's list. I really like the idea of loging your miles. I might try to do that. ;)

Happy New Year

Unknown said...

Great list. Will have to make a list of my own.

I didn't get to watch the Hawks play football but I did watch the heels play basketball. Yes, they are still undefeated.

Anonymous said...

Lots of trashy bios on my Kindle right now. The Legs are the First to Go is great, Diane Carroll. Tony Curtis has a good bio out there now. My fav of the past year was the one about Joan Baez, Carly Simon, Judi Collins and Jonie Mitchell. It is gonna be hard to beat. I am starting American Lion now, Andrew Jackson's bio and just finished a shelf of stuff on Lincoln. Anyway, much fun ahead for you in this resolution. Sort of makes up for all the work in most of the rest of them.