Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WINDOWS TO THE WORLD

Case de la Flaming Bore is getting new windows today! This little old house is pushing 100 years old, so it’s long overdue. Maybe now we won’t have to rupture ourselves trying to some open windows or place pop bottles underneath the floppy ones to keep them propped up on summer days.

The only bad aspect of getting this job done, besides the fact the house is messier than usual, is that the cats are having nervous breakdowns. Bitsy, Critter, and Fluffy are in hiding. Only Muffin is out and about investigating, supervising, sitting in my lap, and enjoying the fact that the other cats aren’t around to piss her off.

One of the cats, I don’t know which is the culprit, decided to show its disapproval with these home improvement invaders by barfing up breakfast on one of their extension cords laying in the back porch. I’m hoping I got it cleaned up before the guys discovered the “present” left for them.

Hopefully normalcy will return tomorrow and we will have a house full of brand new, "A" number one, double-hung windows. No more excuses not to wash them. Damn!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its amazing what new windows will do for a place. No more drafts! Can't wait to see the pics. Are you sure it was big bore who barfed and just is blaming the cats? That medicine is really getting to him. lol

Jaime said...

Already checking things off that New Year's resolution list, eh! I'm sure the one day of hassle will be well worth it!!

(The verification word I have to type: buglins) I love it! I think I'm going to start calling Mr. S that =)

Sarah said...

Oh new windows will be nice. I bet they will help save energy soon.