Saturday, August 6, 2011

SHADY GARDENER

It's been so blasted hot here that I have been neglecting my duties as self-appointed weed warrior at the local library. Today started out cooler, however--no sun and a light mist--so after breakfast I headed downtown on my trusty bike.

"You're gonna get wet!" Big Bore said as I took off.

"I don't care if it pours!" I shouted back. "It'll feel great and be fine with me!"

Well, the moisture didn't last for long, but the sun stayed behind the clouds and I yanked away at the bad guys for a good 90 minutes or so. Let me tell you, this drought we've been having hasn't slowed down the weeds one bit! Some of them had gotten so big that it's a wonder they didn't try to sign up for a library card and check out some books.

After my back played out, I went to the downtown Garden Club garden to dead-head. Mostly standing up. I'll get to my own yard as soon as I finish the ice treatment on my back. Hopefully before the sun returns.

No comments: