Monday, August 8, 2011

A SONG IN MY HEART

Earlier this year I made up a stupid song called "Fluffy, the Magic Kitty Cat." Fluffy absolutely adores it; Big Bore, well, not so much. The words are never the same, other than: "Fluffy, Fluffy, she's a magic kitty," and sometimes the tune isn't consistent, but Fluffy always comes running when she hears me singing it, usually jumping into my lap, kneading her appreciation with her well-trimmed paws. At first, Big Bore thought our routine was cute and funny, but he's changed his mind as the song gets sung more often and dragged out longer and louder, which typically correlates with an increase of sour notes.

"I've had about all of 'Fluffy the Magic Kitty' that I can take for one day," he recently said, nicely.

I didn't blame him or take offense. I had sort of run it into the ground for one night. This morning when Fluffy came into the living room to help me read the newspaper, I managed to quietly sing her favorite song so the old grumpy pie in the next room wouldn't start out his day miserably. He's a touch hard of hearing and didn't even know I was singing. From now on Fluffy and I have decided we will be performing pianissimo...the fancy musical term for very softly. Pianissimo--that's the word of the day.

3 comments:

Nancy Evans said...

Well, thank-you, Cozy. I have three cats that aren't so elusive like yours.

dr. maureen said...

Jake the cat and I sing together all the time---he's partial to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Nancy Evans said...

That's Floyd Petty and the Heartbreakers, if you're Jeff (his cross between Pink Floyd and Tom Petty).