Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ROCK SHOW

I'm goofy for rocks, so when I recently passed through Eureka Springs, Ark., I simply HAD to stop by to see what is touted as "The Ozarks Strangest Dwelling." Quigley Castle is not really a castle, but it is certainly strange. Rocks are EVERYWHERE!! And 14 bottle trees are in the yard!! Here is a little sampling:

The Quigley's mailbox: for Albert, Elise, and their five children




The old man's easy chair.



A lovely planter.



Animal pen.



Gotta love these bottle trees!

A small piece of yard art.


I told Big Bore I came home from Arkansas with lots of crafty projects for him to make for me, but he's not so keen on the idea for some reason.






2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

love those bottle trees!! see, there was someone just as goofy as you and me!!!

Nancy Evans said...

For some reason, they just aren't catching on in Eureka. :) We are the only ones around with any Southern charm, I guess.