Monday, August 22, 2011

QUIT BUGGING ME!!!

It's been bad enough that our blue spruce tree is a goner and the fescue is going to have to be resuscitated after this dry, hot summer---but now we have another problem. Some sort of humongous bug is digging out the sand from underneath the patio and depositing it underneath the barberry bushes, which have also been suffering from the heat. I was watering them at their bases yesterday and noticed all the sand hills.

"What in the world is causing that?" I said aloud. At which time I saw the biggest bug I've ever seen in my life burrow quickly down into a hole next to one of the sandpiles.

I'd been wondering why the brick pavers have been separating on the south end of the patio. Now, I know. There's a bug condominum being constructed below!!! Sonuva.....!

I haven't yet figured out what my plan of attack is going to be. I'm afraid an insecticide may damage the barberry bushes even more, so now I'm thinking maybe of hiring a hit man, as in Big Bore. As large as this bug is, a b-b gun assault may be the only weapon that will take it out. That and a nuclear bomb.

In the meantime, I'm having a big piece of angel food cake and thinking this over.




No comments: