Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MY ADOPTED GARDEN

In spite of all the horrendous heat and drought we've had this summer, the Garden Club garden downtown continues to thrive. Our members have diligently watered and dead-headed and watered some more. Numerous people have stopped by when I've been there working, asking: "How come this looks so beautiful?" I, too, am amazed the place isn't a shriveled up dead zone.

The group effort of about 20 retired gals in town has really made the difference. Too many hands have not spoiled the broth, in this case. The more, the merrier. Sometimes we may seem to be muddling along, and lord knows I've stumbled over the hose and dodged bumblebees and cut myself more than once, but I know that the above hosta and impatiens appreciate being cared for by our merry band of gardeners--especially during the long, hot summer of 2011.

1 comment:

momrdr said...

It is beautiful and something to be proud of! Thanks for your time and effort to beautify the town.