Thursday, August 11, 2011

VISITOR FROM A STRANGE PLANET

I'm heading out today to pick up my great neph Bo in Pittsburg and bring him back to Casa de la Flaming Bore for a few days. We've made his visit a summer tradition ever since he was a middle school'er (age 12 in this pic at the Cosmosphere). Now that he's 18 and a hotshot high school senior, I doubt he looks forward to the visit like he used to but at least he's game. We usually hit up the big city for a day, go to the melodrama, catch a movie, bowl or drag go-carts, just sort of play it by ear. In recent years he's wanted to hit up the mall. We don't shop together because that definitely would NOT be cool, plus I'm not that keen about strolling the aisles of Spencer's Gifts.

I don't even try to compete when it comes to providing him a thrill-a-minute vacation. Good grief, already this summer the kid has been to Disneyland, Six Flags Over Something, and Shrine Bowl Band Camp. There's nothing around here that's going to top any of that, but I'm sure we'll manage. Big Bore is excited to have him around for a few days so he can cook for an appreciative army instead of for me. He's already working on a spaghetti dinner for tomorrow night. Bring on the garlic bread, baby!! Ciao!

1 comment:

momrdr said...

I'm sure you and big bore were very entertaining. Love your nephews shirt, did you get that for him? Do you know where they might be for sale?