Saturday, December 20, 2008

HOLIDAY GREETINGS WIPEOUT

This is my very first photo Christmas card--the merry Graham kids, 1950 edition. I’m 17 months old, Beans is 4, and Big Sis is 7.

I don’t recall this picture being taken, of course, but I’ve heard family stories about it. If you blow up the shot, you’ll see that below my adorable, turned-up nose is some not-so-adorable crust and snot.

“You ruined the picture!” I’ve heard Sis say more than once about my drippy face.

Beans complains that I was hogging the center of attention and edging him out.

Personally, all snot blown aside, I think it’s a mighty fine picture, other than the fact that I look like a fat Beaver Child with a bad haircut. All three of us are smiling and our eyes are open. What more do you want?

Oh. Did I tell you that 1950 was also the last year for a family photo Christmas card?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

At that age kids always have snot in their nose. At least this time of year. ;)

If you ask me you were the star of the show.


I gave my ma greef about all the blue lights, but it wouldn't be her tree without them. She is a blue light and glass lover. Oh lots of presents you say....I can't wait to see. I doubt there will be room for all of the ones Lacey and I bring. I guess we will just have to open early.

Sarah said...

Taylor is getting lots better, Jeremy is still being a baby. ;) Men. ha

Jaime said...

I love your first & last family Christmas card! I agree! You were definitely the star of the show ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your Chirstmas letters, particularly the ones during the Conrad years. They always made me laugh. Couldn't have this year, but the flowers in the corners were beautiful. I am shooting for a much, much better New Year.