Wednesday, December 3, 2008

LET THERE BE LIGHTS


Well, this is it for outdoor Christmas decorations at the Flaming Bore household. One hour of putting up the pretties is about our limit when it comes to physical labor. Thankfully, no one fell from the ladder, but the bows did fall off the railing and post the first time around. And I thought duck tape held everything….so Big Bore and his hammer came to my rescue and tacked 'em in. He thinks it would be a lot easier if we just leave the decorations up year-round. Easier, yes. But also sort of goofy.

“I want to add a strand of lights every year until we have the whole house outlined,” he said.

“But it’s gonna look goofy if we keep 'em up,” I protested.

“We’ll be the neighborhood rednecks,” he laughed. “It’ll look great for the 4th of July!”

I have a feeling I’m going to lose this battle. I’m too much of a lightweight.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh please don't leave them up all year. ha ha. Tell Jeff it isn't proper holiday etiquette.

Unknown said...

I think leaving them up is a great idea!! Clark Griswald would be proud!! It looks lovely. We still haven't done ours, it gets too dark too fast here. J doesn't get home until its well after dark. Looks like a Saturday adventure! Great job on the bows!

Jaime said...

Well, it looks great as is! Maybe if more decorations take over, they'll mysteriously be stolen by neighborhood vandals.... who eventually feel guilty & return them to your garage for the next season ;)

Anonymous said...

Bah! Humbug!