Saturday, December 27, 2008

MANNEQUIN MANIA

Big news this week out of North Carolina!! Since I reported about the 1981 abduction of Dr. Maureen’s one-time mannequin housemate, Sheila, (see Oct. 25 blog), two of her concerned friends, John and Jane, have sought the world over and have come up with a loving replacement.

John, an astute attorney who has a lot of clout in the area of missing mannequins, issued a Sheila Alert, did some legal wrangling, and the Doc now has a new fashionable friend, Sheila Jane. She is younger and not quite so vacant looking as the original but will certainly do, even though the picture indicates she apparently has an alcohol problem.

With New Year’s Eve and Carolina Panthers tailgating parties coming up, the new and improved Sheila Jane should be making lots of friends, and I predict she will soon become the Belle of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I’m sending her some Mardi Gras beads so she can get her fine jewelry collection started. You go, SJ!!!


Dec. 28--UPDATE FLASH!!! Sheila attended her first Carolina Panthers football party today!! Still boozing it up but looking stone sober. Love the feather boa!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh how funny. She will be a fine replacement.

dr. maureen said...

fyi---she's now dressed for Christmas (even has a red and white stocking cap on). the cats wonder who this new tenant is, but since she doesn't bother their crunchies, they are leaving her alone. i still startle when i walk in the dining room and see her out of the corner of my eye. will try to keep you utd on all her activities---she's sort of like those gnomes who have traveled all over!!!

Dusti said...

:-) Fun times. I had a huge gorilla that went missing from my dorm room freshman year... Not sure I even want to know what happened with him! lol.

Anyways, YES I am looking forward to skiing. We will go on Monday, still not sure where but I have heard we are renting skis from Salida, Co., so surely somewhere near there, wherever that is!
:-) Informative, aren't I? :-) When it comes to snow, I'm all in. :-) I will have much to report on after it all! :-)

Wow, I think that's a record for the amount of smiley faces in one paragraph! lol. :-)