Monday, December 1, 2008

ROCK HOUND ME DOWN


Trying to get Christmas gifts for relatives has just become one person easier. My nine-year-old great nephew Luke told me over the weekend that he would be mighty happy to receive a rock with fossils in it.

Now Big Bore and I are crazy over rocks…we lug some home from just about every outing we take and then find a place for them in the yard…but Luke is even crazier. He keeps all his precious rocks in his bedroom! He especially covets those with fossils in them.

Well, I’m going out in the yard--once it warms up, of course, and I’m going to pull out the rock we have with the most fossils in it, tie a bow around it, and give it to Luke for Christmas. He’ll be happy, happy, happy.

One year I gave him a load of bubble wrap for Christmas…and he loved it. He is a child of simple tastes and pleasures. But I still might attach to his rock an envelope with some $$$$$ in it just to complicate matters for him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cutie! Doesn't take much to satisfy him. Simple pleasures are our treasures. Have a good Monday. Make sure to take a pic of the rock with a bow. I wanna see that one!

Nancy Evans said...

10-4, Tara. I'll have fun picking one out just for him.

Sarah said...

I love it. He is a cutie.