Monday, December 29, 2008

MY BIG BLUE BLOB


Back on August 7th, I blogged about a wonderful new purchase…a big blue body ball that my chiropractor recommended I sit on while at the computer. It’s purpose: to keep me from slouching and having so much rib cage achiness.

Well, as of Saturday, my big blue ball is no more. While I was checking my email, Critter Kitty decided to jump up onto my lap to help….but she didn't quite make it, slipped onto the ball, gripped it, and KA-BOOM!!!

Before I could yell, “Bombs Away!“ Critter flew into the next room, using up one of her nine lives, while my butt went straight down to the floor…the hardwood floor.

Apparently one of Critter’s back claws ripped into the ball, which is now two flaccid pieces of what was supposed to be heavy-duty rubber. Thanks to my own heavy-duty padding, my fat ass survived the jolt. I’m back in front of the computer today, but I’ll be sitting--or slouching--on a non-explosive chair from now on!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

OUCH I hope your bum is ok! Time for a new ball.

Anonymous said...

Since we regularly destroy these balls, I have taken to replacing them at the local thrift stores. they are inexpensive and do help my spinal alighment a lot. Unfortunately I have broken a few ribs from coughing during asthma attacks and keeping upright is extremely helpful.

I am thinking of a new scarf for you. It will be called Tabby cat versus the one you have which I called Grey Kitty.

Unknown said...

Guess you will be looking for a new ball. Those things never last very long, kitty claws or not.