Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WHAT A MESS!


Does anyone besides The Flaming Bore have an official Junk Room that is looking junkier than normal, overflowing with Christmas gifts and wrapping paper? Yesterday, mine was on the verge of exploding when I took this picture before deciding to call in the troops (me) to do some serious cleaning/straightening. Notice that Little Bit is in repose at the left, unconcerned about the mess. Typical cat.

So, after I got my usual morning chores done--washing dishes, washing down the kitchen countertops, cleaning out the litter boxes, sweeping the floors, hanging up scattered clothes, and putting away what was in the dryer, I decided to clean up the Junk Room. But then a major interruption happened. As I was stuffing socks into my sock drawer, I discovered….oh, no!!! Fresh kitty barf on the bed sheet!! The same one that I had washed the day before! And, of course, said barf had soaked through to the mattress pad. Back to the &$#@! laundry.

When that was done, I was still ready to attack the junk. No sooner had I entered the room, though, when Little Bit jumped off the chair, only to reveal…..more kitty barf! This time, crusty dried kitty barf that had escaped being seen for maybe a day or two. This called for the amazing Nature’s Miracle Just For Cats Soil and Stain Remover, a serious cleaner of all things kitty and barfy.

By the time the chair and throw pillow were cleaned, I was tired and hungry. Time for lunch. Time to check the mail. Time to do the newspaper word games. Time to go to the library. No time for the Junk Room. Maybe I’ll get to it today?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh yes we have a spare bedroom that use to house a spare bed and was nice and tidy. well now it has the crib, an extra dresser(fullofjunk) totes of clothes, and now wrapping stuff. I would be too ashamed to photograph it. ha ha..

Happy cleaning to you.

Jaime said...

Oh yeah! We all have these rooms. I wish it had a secret, bookcase door or something, so no guests would know what lied within. My Christmas break has officially started, & I plan to tackle the junkroom basement, but it's been a long day. Maybe tomorrow...